Roger Federer took Reddit by storm, taking part in an AMA (Ask Me Anything). Here are some highlights.
1. Approving his nicknames.
2. Telling people to move to Switzerland:
3. We were all wondering about this.
4. Giving cow status updates.
5. Providing kindling for the Fedal bromance.
6. Yeah right.
7. Providing some good tennis advice: not missing your matches is usually a good pre-match preparation!
8. For some reason I just like picturing Federer watching this GIF of himself completely whiffing on a backhand. I’m sure there was a Fed giggle involved.
9. Making terrible, terrible jokes. #Dorkerer
10. Typing out the username “LogelFedelel.” Another hilarious thing to picture him doing.
I love it when Federer turns to Dorkerer. I say it proud!
I love Federer. I came here specifically to make sure #9 was present. I both said and typed “damnit Roger” after reading that one.
Reddit seemed quite civil, certainly by its standards? Though I didn’t go delving too deeply.
I thought it was interesting the matches he cited as his “toughest”: l. to Hewitt ’03 Davis Cup (where he was up two sets with a chance to send Switzerland into the finals); l. to Nalbandian ’05 World Tour Finals finals (IIRC, he’d been on crutches just a couple weeks before, came back, somehow got to the final and up two sets but ran out of gas and Nalby hit some great shots to run away with the next two sets before pulling out a 7-5 5th); l. to Nadal ’08 Wimbledon (obvs), d. Roddick ’09 Wimbledon (obvious), d. Del Potro ’12 Olympics semi (assured him of a singles medal, longest Olympic match).
Haha, the Dorkerer within him is starting to show. I wonder what has gotten Federer so into social networking and technology recently. I remember last year after winning Wimbledon he said Twitter wasn’t for him and now he’s raking in users by the minute.
So getting back to number 1 is a priority once again, quite surprised by that!
He’s not saying it’s a priority, just something he would love to do.
Well he put it alongside winning Wimbledon again and the year end championships which he is always motivated for. I could see him getting back to number 1, but not this year, maybe late next as he as a tonne of points to get in the early half of 2014.
[…] The 10 Best Parts of Roger Federer's Reddit AMA : The Changeover […]
Comments are closed.