Break Points is a roundup of tennis news, videos, links, and tweets. If you have something you think we should include, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doha R2: Simona Halep d. Kaia Kanepi, 6-4 3-6 7-6(5)
- Doha R2: Petra Kvitova d. Venus Williams, 6-2 2-6 7-6(7)
- Doha R2: Yanina Wickmayer d. Caroline Wozniacki, 6-4 7-5
- Rotterdam R2: Juan Martin del Potro d. Gael Monfils, 7-6(6) 6-3
- Rotterdam R2: Marin Cilic d. Jo Wilfried Tsonga, 6-4 6-4
- Quimper CH R1: Henri Laaksonen d. Marc Gicquel, 6-4 6-1
News and Links:
The ATP has officially released its 2015 schedule, with the grass-court swing expanded by an extra week:
The extended grass-court swing will be comprised of events in Stuttgart, ‘s-Hertogenbosch, London-Queen’s, Halle, and a new 48-draw event in Nottingham (previously held as a 28-draw in Eastbourne). Newport will continue to be held the week after Wimbledon. In addition, Queen’s and Halle will be re-categorised as ATP World Tour 500 events, bringing the grass-court season additional weight in the 52-week Emirates ATP Rankings with a 75 percent increase in points attributed to the surface.
In unrelated news, Tsvetana Pironkova has inquired about playing on the men’s tour.
Someone get Delpo some Dutch beer:
Interviewer: Have you tried our beer?
Delpo: No no i haven’t, anyone have the beer?
Interviewer: Maybe next time we bring it so you can try.
Tennis on Twitter:
Tursunov, being given a warning about the time he's taking between points, asks "How long, like Rafa?" #atp
— Ana Mitrić (@ana_mitric) February 11, 2014
— Josh Meiseles (@jmeistennis) February 11, 2014
— WTA (@WTA) February 12, 2014