- Queen’s Club: Dan Evans d. Jurgen Melzer, 6-3, 6-7(5), 7-6(2)
- Queen’s Club: Bernard Tomic d. Tim Smyczek, 6-4, 3-6, 7-5
- Queen’s Club: Lleyton Hewitt d. Daniel Gimeno-Traver, 6-3, 6-3
- Halle: Pierre-Hugues Herbert d. Jerzy Janowicz, 7-6(5), 6-2
- Birmingham: Victoria Duval d. Caroline Garcia, 6-2, 6-4
- Birmingham: Belinda Bencic d. Donna Vekic, 6-4, 6-4
News and Analysis:
Anusha Rasalingam wrote a nice piece here, reflecting on the two Roland Garros champions.
Steve Tignor took a look at the week ahead on grass for Tennis.com, examining some rankings scenarios on the men’s side:
Murray will also want to make a quick transition from clay, and into a new coaching situation with Amelie Mauresmo. After Paris, he’s 105 points behind Federer for the No. 4 spot going into Wimbledon; both guys are defending champion’s points this week. Berdych is 200 points behind Murray.
Victoria Chiesa and David Kane examined the implications of the Sharapova-Halep final for Tennis View Magazine.
Missed any part of the Roland Garros men’s final, or just want to re-live it? SI has you covered with highlights, quotes from Rafa, and more.
Our friends at Nadal News have a great roundup of post-RG reactions to Rafa’s historic 9th Roland Garros title.
Tennis on Twitter:
— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) June 8, 2014
— Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) June 9, 2014
— Ross Hutchins (@RoscoHutchins) June 9, 2014