- Indian Wells R3: Alexandr Dolgopolov d. Rafael Nadal, 6-3 3-6 7-6(5)
- Indian Wells R3: Camila Giorgi d. Maria Sharapova, 6-3 4-6 7-5
- Indian Wells R4: Dominika Cibulkova d. Petra Kvitova, 6-3 6-2
- Indian Wells R4: Simona Halep d. Eugenie Bouchard, 6-2 1-6 6-4
- Indian Wells R4: Milos Raonic d. Andy Murray, 4-6 7-5 6-3
- Irving CH R1: Teymuraz Gabashvili d. Jimmy Wang, 3-6 6-1 6-3
News and Links:
Victoria Azarenka’s foot injury, responsible in large part for her early exit from Indian Wells, has caused her to withdraw from Miami, as well.
Roger Federer has yet to confirm the news, but a source claims that he and Mirka are expecting another pair of twins.
The Tennis Channel isn’t giving up in its fight with Comcast:
The regulators agreed that Comcast had discriminated against Tennis Channel by putting it on an extra-fee sports tier while putting similar channels that it owns — Golf Channel and NBC Sports Network — on the expanded basic tier. The appeals court concluded that the FCC offered no evidence to refute Comcast’s position that it made a simple financial judgment that few subscribers wanted to watch tennis. Tennis Channel says that the FCC now can return to the case because “there is considerable evidence in the record that satisfies the new tests” the appeals court used to vacate the FCC’s order.
Tennis on Twitter:
— Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) March 10, 2014
Attention a toi Tiger, je commence le golf ! pic.twitter.com/96q9fMZnzX
— Jeremy Chardy (@jimchardy) March 12, 2014
Y asi acabamos hoy el dia…. pic.twitter.com/tM1NAWZP3u
— Lara Arruabarrena (@laraarrua) March 12, 2014