- Indian Wells 4R: Kevin Anderson d. Stan Wawrinka, 7-6(1), 4-6, 6-1
- Indian Wells 4R: Roger Federer d. Tommy Haas, 6-4, 6-4
- Indian Wells 4R: Ernests Gulbis d. Roberto Bautista-Agut, 7-6(0), 4-6, 6-2
- Indian Wells QF: Agnieszka Radwanska d. Jelena Jankovic, 7-5, 2-6, 6-4
- Indian Wells QF: Stan Wawrinka/Roger Federer d. Leander Paes/Radek Stepanek, 6-3, 6-7(6), 10-4
News and Links:
Stan Wawrinka thinks his loss to Kevin Anderson had little to do with an apparent injury he sustained during the match:
Wawrinka lost, 7-6 (1), 4-6, 6-1, and said afterward that his lack of energy, more than a back injury he suffered on the second point of the first-set tiebreaker, was the reason for his demise. He had started the year by winning his first 13 matches and admitted that being a major champion for the first time had taken its toll.
“There is more expectation,” he said, “from tournaments, from people, from fans.”
Beyond the Baseline has a nice collection of the best player quotes from Indian Wells so far. This is my favorite:
Q. Do you like talking about Maria, like in press conferences? She seems to be more open about talking about you.
GRIGOR DIMITROV: Why? Did she say something? (Laughter.)
Q. Read the transcript. No, she was talking about you in her last press conference. She seems to be more open about talking about you guys.
GRIGOR DIMITROV: Did she?
It looks like Fedberg is here to stay.
Simona Halep will rise to No. 5 in the rankings with Wednesday’s results, making her the highest-ranked Romanian player in the history of the WTA.
Tennis on Twitter:
— Stanislas Wawrinka (@stanwawrinka) March 13, 2014
— Roger Federer (@FedererLive) March 13, 2014
— BNP Paribas Open (@BNPPARIBASOPEN) March 12, 2014