- Monte-Carlo SF: Roger Federer d. Novak Djokovic, 7-5, 6-2
- Monte-Carlo SF: Stan Wawrinka d. David Ferrer, 6-1, 7-6(3)
- Monte-Carlo QF: David Ferrer d. Rafael Nadal, 7-6(1), 6-4
- Kuala Lumpur SF: Dominika Cibulkova d. Karolina Pliskova, 6-7(3), 6-3, 6-3
- Kuala Lumpur SF: Donna Vekic d. Shuai Zheng, 1-6, 6-3, 6-4
News and Analysis:
Roger Federer was amazed at his own shank in his quarterfinal against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.
Tomas Berdych’s ugly H&M outfits were the target of criticism at the Monte-Carlo players’ party:
Cilic, Butorac, Farah, Tecau and Stepanek gave a glimpse into life behind the scenes in the locker-room, while Qureshi acted as a fashion designer as he joined Ivanisevic, impersonating Tomas Berdych, to provide a special critique of questionable on-court outfits from the past year.
Players who couldn’t be involved on stage on the night, including Milos Raonic, Max Mirnyi and Fabio Fognini, had filmed a special video montage, dancing and singing to the track ‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams. Bopanna closed the show with his own Oscars-style rendition of the hit song, which culminated in all the cast joining the doubles star on stage.
Genie Bouchard is cutthroat.
Tennis on Twitter:
— Donna Vekic (@DonnaVekic) April 19, 2014
— Petra Kvitova (@Petra_Kvitova) April 19, 2014
— Amer Delic (@AmerDelic) April 19, 2014
@PseudoFed thanks! Take your time! Lol
— Stanislas Wawrinka (@stanwawrinka) April 19, 2014
Dear pimple on my left check. I hate you. You are a jerk and I hope u die soon!
— Serena Williams (@serenawilliams) April 18, 2014