World No. 6 Tomas Berdych is not known for being warm and fuzzy with the media.
But the oft-cranky Czech has produced some of the greatest posts on Facebook and Instagram, giving his fans a better look into his quirky personality. Without further ado, here’s a look at the most entertaining Berdych social media moments:
1. Berdych doesn’t like losing. Sometimes he shares his unvarnished thoughts with his Facebook fans. Often using emoticons:
2. Sometimes Berdych forgets the score of the match he just played. Luckily, his fans are there to help him out (via @jessica4stein):
3. Berdych enjoys exploring local connections, according to where he’s playing, or who he’s playing against. He posted this after beating Argentinian Carlos Berlocq in Dusseldorf …
4. …and then realized it wasn’t the best decision.
5. Berdych used Facebook to respond to an incident where he refused to shake hands with Nicolas Almagro after Almagro hit him with a tennis ball during their Australian Open match. Notice the title of the video:
6. A couple months later, Berdych had this exchange in the comments section of one of his Facebook posts:
7. After losing to Andy Murray in their US Open semifinal match in extreme, windy conditions, he posted this:
8. But it’s not all about him. Berdych loves to engage his fans in healthy debate:
9. He also likes cheesy jokes:
10. Occasionally, he shares a behind-the-scenes look at the Czech Davis Cup team:
11. Berdych has feelings. Many, many feelings:
12. He also enjoys poking fun at the media:
13. He posted a special birthday message when he turned 27 years old in September:
14. And then sometimes he can be downright perplexing.
15. He goes by “Tom.”
16. He REALLY enjoys hashtags. A few of his posts from Instagram:
17. He has fun exchanges with Milos Raonic (aka “m3atloaf27”) on Instagram:
18. He discusses local restaurants with Raonic:
19. He regularly “likes” pictures of lizards on Instagram:
20. He also enjoys some other things. See: bottom left. (pic via @returnwinner):