Stan Wawrinka is one of the best tennis players to follow on Twitter. If you don’t follow him yet, please do so now. He especially shows his sense of humor through his retweets. Below are some of my favorites.
(All tweets below are real and were indeed retweeted by @stanwawrinka himself. You can fact check me on that one.)
1. Stan retweeted this right before his match against Roger Federer in Shanghai, in which Federer was trying to secure 300 weeks at No. 1. Knowing what happened in the match afterwards makes it even funnier.
— Kishore Sharma (@KishoreRF) October 11, 2012
2. Mr. Gossip. Epic.
— Stanislas Wawrinka (@stanwawrinka) March 16, 2012
3. I hope he really did show this to Fed.
— Federico Parodi (@federbaros) September 14, 2012
4. Poor guy.
— Carole Bouchard (@carole_bouchard) July 24, 2012
5. He lost.
— Vamos Delpo! (@DelpoFanClub_) May 5, 2012
— Ripujit Randhawa™ (@ripujit) September 13, 2012
7. Stan gets upset whenever his bestie isn’t on a TV court!
Whoever put Paire v Dimitrov on a non-televised court knows nothing about tennis
— Steve (@ShankTennis) August 29, 2012
8. I mean, I feel like every once in awhile the players must have conversations about Verdasco’s hair in the locker room, right?
— Beyond The Baseline (@SI_BTBaseline) October 15, 2012
9. This reminds me … the ATP really needs to have a yearbook.
— chiara gambuzza (@kkiara89) September 12, 2012
10. “This is the most beautiful photo STANLEY!!!”
— paire benoit (@benoitpaire) October 5, 2012