- Miami 2R: Roberto Bautista-Agut d. Jerzy Janowicz, 6-4, 6-1
- Miami 2R: Guillermo Garcia-Lopez d. Gael Monfils, 6-2, 7-5
- Miami 3R: Serena Williams d. Caroline Garcia, 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
- Miami 3R: Ekaterina Makarova d. Sara Errani, 6-3, 2-6, 6-4
- Miami 3R: Kei Nishikori d. Grigor Dimitrov, 7-6(1), 7-5
- Miami 3R: Caroline Wozniacki d. Sloane Stephens, 6-1, 6-0
- Miami 3R: Alexandr Dolgopolov d. Dusan Lajovic, 3-6, 6-0, 7-6(5)
- Miami 4R: Petra Kvitova d. Ana Ivanovic, 3-6, 6-0, 6-0
News and Analysis:
OnTheGoTennis spoke with Dominika Cibulkova in Miami.
Juan Martin del Potro had surgery on his left wrist today. A statement from his PR person, Jorge Viale:
Juan Martin del Potro underwent surgery on his left wrist today at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota by Dr. Richard Berger. During the operation, it was discovered that the damage to his wrist ligaments was worse than expected based upon the high resolution imaging obtained before the surgery. Even so, the surgery went very well and as planned. The damaged ligaments were repaired and reinforced.
The surgery did not require hospitalization and Juan Martin is recovering comfortably. It is expected that he will make a full recovery and on schedule as originally planned. Dr. Berger did note, however, that “Given the degree of damage that was discovered in Juan Martin’s wrist, it is amazing he was able to play at all. It is the result of his passion for the sport, his drive to play well and his strength that he was able to last this long. I can’t wait to see him play at full strength again”.
And a ridiculous picture of him, post-surgery, via his Facebook account:
Stan Wawrinka wants to win the Davis Cup:
“There is one goal that I have since many years. It’s the Davis Cup,” said Wawrinka. “Now Roger is playing, so we know that we are a strong team to do something. We’ll need to be careful, but we have a good chance to make a big result this year, and that’s so far the most important.”
Tennis on Twitter:
Sad to hear my good friend @delpotrojuan has surgery today, I hope all will go well and he'll be back soon. Good luck partner
— stepec78 (@stepec78) March 24, 2014
— Stuart Duguid (@stuartduguid) March 24, 2014
— Aga Radwanska (@ARadwanska) March 24, 2014