It’s that time of year again. The French Open wrapped up just a couple hours ago, and grass season is already here!
Here are a just a few things to get excited about this week:
1. Roger Federer and Tommy Haas are playing doubles together in Halle. They open tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. Eastern against Jurgen Melzer and Philipp Petzschner. Word has it, the match will be streamed.
Per ATPWorldTour.com, a quote from Haas:
“It’s our first time playing together. It’s great to do this at this time in our careers. I hope we can focus, as we’ll probably have too much of a good time out there.”
Oh, and Haas was wearing an “RF” shirt during his practice. I love this bromance.
— chiara gambuzza (@ChiaraGamTWI) June 9, 2013
2. Juan Martin del Potro is back on the ATP Tour after missing Roland Garros with a virus. And he’s also playing doubles with Marin Cilic, which should be fun.
Del Potro has been spotted practicing at The Queens Club! He looks good pic.twitter.com/xE25w9kUgh
— Rachael Bolton (@rachaelbolton2) June 8, 2013
3. Andy Murray is also back on the ATP Tour after missing Roland Garros (and live-tweeting it) due to a back injury. Nice to see the 2012 Wimbledon finalist healthy in time for the grass season.
4. Bernard Tomic is playing this week at the Queen’s Club. Okay, nobody probably cares except me, but I always love watching Bernard Tomic play on grass. His game is tailor-made for the surface. And he’s playing doubles with Lleyton Hewitt. I’m excited, and I hope to see him have a nice grass season after the struggles he faced during the clay season in his personal life and on the tennis court.
5. A Yulia Putintseva vs. Yanina Wickmayer first round match in Birmingham. Please be televised.
What are you guys looking forward to the most? Feel free to share it in the comments section.