This is the second installment of the “Social Media Studies” series, where we look at how the ATP and WTA players are doing on twitter and facebook. Check out the first installment, “10 Favorite Stanislas Wawrinka RTs.”
The ATP is just not the same without Rafael Nadal. Whether you’re a member of the Vamos Brigade or not, at this point I think it’s safe to say that we all miss him. Luckily, Rafa (or, if you’re a cynic, Benito) is an avid user of Social Media. He chronicles fishing escapades, workouts, and lots of time with his cousins. He also inadvertently chronicles his personal battles with his hair.
You see, Rafa is losing his hair and he just doesn’t have a clue what to do about it. So, sometimes, he experiments. Most of the time that does not go so well. Here are my top 10 favorite (read: tragic) Rafa hairstyles:
1. The “SEE LOOK HOW MUCH I STILL HAVE!” style.
2. The “I can grow facial hair just like the big boys” style.
3. The “Benito told me this was going to be a Radio interview” style.
4. The “Look! I discovered a flat-iron” style.
5. The “Oops I spilled the hair-gel” style.
6. The “At least my hair is better than Rory’s” style.
6. The “Oh crap– maybe it’s not” style.
7. The “OMG a hat, why didn’t I think of that?” style.
8. The “What in the world am I doing in Cincinnati and watching Fox News?” style.
9. The “Do I look exactly like Moya yet?” style.
10. And last, but CERTAINLY not least…the “I accidentally woke up in China with bangs” style.
Get well soon Rafa! We can’t wait to see you back on the court–crazy hair and all.